Saturday, June 30, 2007

Today I ran 26.2 miles!


Most of you know I am training with the AIDS Marathon training program, to run the San Francisco marathon on Sunday, July 29th. You DIDN'T know? Well, heck if you'd still like to make a donation to my run you can do so HERE

In order to participate, I am required to raise funds for the SF AIDS Foundation... sound familiar? I have been training with a regular pace group of about 13 runners. We meet each Saturday and run in Golden Gate park and beyond.

Today was our "celebration run", or rather our "practice marathon". Yep that's right... today I RAN 26.2 miles!! (although according to Daniel's Garmin, it was actually 27.04 miles)

We actually got to run across the Golden Gate bridge, which was very fun and different for everyone. There are actually some folks in our group who have lived in SF forever and had never walked/run across the bridge ever!

Congratulations to us all: Jose, Robert, Jesse, Daniel, Ashley, Cheryl, Alison, Marie, Tammie, Damon, Raj, & Ryan- WE SO ROCK!!