Sunday, June 17, 2007

ALC Recap- Day Five: Red Dress Day...

Michael and I hiked back to camp in our red dress outfits, along with about 6 other guys in their red dresses- so it reallly wasn't too weird to be out and about on the streets of Santa Maria at 6:30 in the morning, wearing red dresses. Here is a sample of all that we saw:

don't ask me how Antonio rode in this outfit!

lovely Bob & John


part of the Red Duct Tape Dress crew
more red duct tape dresses...

the rest of my "homolicious posse", Chris makes a great cranky old lady...

The day was hilarious--- the best story being about Daniel (fancy hat, far left in above pic) meeting a group of kids. One of the little boys who was about 6 years old said to him ".... hello Mr. Lady...."

Day Five is a short day, only about 45 miles but pretty much all hills. So you spend the day sweating in a red dress, and stopping at every chance you have to eat sugar so you can make it up the hills and into Lompoc.

Oh.... me? I was dressed as the "Anti- Minnie". Here's a pic of me with the "Minnie Brigade"
My dress was exactly opposite in color from that of the Minnie's, and I wore devil horns on my helmet instead of cutsie Minnie Mouse ears.... appropriate huh?

Chris, Kimball and I rode into the town of Lompoc (y'know on a bike riding through, the town is NOT THAT small...) until we found the famous taqueria that all the riders ride to before heading in to camp. It was yummy.

Day, or rather Night five is also the day we take our group pictures. Mostly, its teams and clubs but also its a group picture of all of the Training Ride Leaders from Northern and Southern California. Here are a few of mine:
East Bay Cat 2 TRL's

And of course the Friday TRL's:

along with Chris who somehow got his head in there....