Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shout out to Mike's Bikes San Rafael!

I just wanted to give a big ol' THANKS to the guys at Mikes Bikes in San Rafael. Who gave my Cannondale one last look over on Wednesday before I make my way to LA on AIDS Lifecycle 6!

Adrian (my personal bike mechanic!) and General Manager, Jon Gomez have always treated me like royalty. I first started bringing my bike to them when they were both out at Mike's Sausalito. (Oh and hey a big shout out to Bryan and the gang at Sausalito too-- they are always helpful to us when we bring riders in from our ALC rides.. either to get stuff fixed or to use their bathroom.)

Adrian had Murray (the Cannondale guy) go through my bike with a fine tooth comb because I was complaining of a "clicking/ticking sound" as my left pedal hit 9 o'clock on each revolution. They switched out the rear cassette, the chain, greased the bottom bracket and did everything possible... and we are all hoping that the sound doesn't come back while I'm on this 585 mile trek! (Or we will ALL be going crazy over the sound!)

Luckily, Cannondale is a major sponsor of the Ride- so if it does happen again I can take it over and have them look more closely at it, not something I'm really looking forward to so let's just hope it is all fixed.

Anyhow- THANKS AGAIN MIKE'S BIKES for being so supportive of me, my riders and AIDS Lifecycle!!

(stop by the store on 4th street in San Rafael and give the boys a pat on the back!)