Friday, May 04, 2007

Rod Wong raises thousands and thousands...

My friend Rodney Wong (rider #4985) was one of the top fundraisers for AIDS Lifecycle 5 in 2006. He raised over $21,000.00 last year (I'm estimating because I don't remember the exact amount!) This year he is already at over $26,000.00 and I'm guessing he'll be at $27,000.00 by the time we ride out on June 3rd.
TRL Rod offering a newbie good advice on fundraising...

The reason I talk about this is because Rod was invited to the Leadership awards dinner put on by the SFAF on May 3rd. And lucky me, got to be his guest! We were honored to be sitting at the table hosted members of the Board of Directors for SFAF, and they were all in awe of Rod and his fundraising skills.

"How do you do it?" they asked. His answer, " I ask. I ask a thousand people". Rod put out a thousand letters this year and thus he is already at $26,000 and counting. What a guy!

So the next time you see Rod, tell him he is awesome. Better yet, send him an atta-boy via a message of support on this homepage.