Monday, April 16, 2007

OH Yeah, and Running too....

For those of you who don't know, or maybe heard the rumor; I am training to do the AIDS Marathon in the San Francisco on July 29th. It is a fundraiser for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation too. YES that means I am doing AIDS Lifecycle during June 3-9th as well as the AIDS Marathon on July 29th and raising money for both. I have made my minimum goal for both, but if you would like to donate to the AIDS Marathon I'd like to ask you to direct your donation to my friend Daniel Gomez here

Daniel is a fellow TRL (my co-lead for most of the Friday Rides) and a Seargant on the Golden Gate bridge. Like me he will be doing The Ride AND The AIDS Marathon and can use all of your donations.... it was Daniel who talked me into doing both the ride and the marathon in the first place!!

How are we doing? Well, the past Saturday we ran a full 14 miles- IN THE RAIN, thank you very much. That was more than half of a full marathon so I think we are doing ok, although I was too tired to ride my bike on Sunday so instead I drove my car up to the top of White's Hill and cheered and rang the cowbell for the CAT 2 riders that day... did the same thing on the way up Cheese Factory hill too. People seemed to enjoy it, or at least they told me so. :-)

So, anyhow please think about donating to Daniel's run. I don't need any more donations to participate, but he does!!