Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lucky Friday the 13th Ride

Sunny skies and 20 or so people went with me back to Pt. Reyes this past Friday the 13th which is usually a very lucky day for me!

I finally got to ride with Dorothy, who I met way back when she first started riding... she told me that she reads my blogs regularly and hey, I needed to update it soon- so here I am.

...and here I am talking to Dorothy.

The day was blue and clear and a whole lot of fun. We rode the Nicasio Loop then went up Sir Francis Drake Blvd to Olema. Once through Olema we stopped for treats at Pt. Reyes Station and the Bovine Bakery- yum!

I wanted to sweep the last leg of the ride, from Fairfax back to the Bridge. Even though this means I get in close to 5pm (hey it was a 74 mile ride), its nice because it means I get to stop at Faifax Scoop for ice cream while I wait for the last riders to get to Fairfax.


I always ride to eat whenever possible. I've just learned not to over eat. That's it, I ride to eat but not to overeat. Scoop is an organic ice cream parlour- teeny in size but big on flavor! Whenever possible I try to talk the riders on my Friday rides into making a pit stop before riding the final leg back to the bridge.... anyone who has stopped for Scoop has never been dissapointed!


Especially Kelly, who loves Scoop as much as I do!!