Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Day one. Day one, I...

Day one. Day one, I got to be part of opening ceremonies, and had the privilege of walking the riderless(?) bike with Kurt Shadik(?) in the opening ceremonies. I also was lucky enough to see one of the first dozen riders, actually the first female out the gate at about 6:30 and on toward Santa Cruz. Gorgeous day, not a lot of fog, pretty clear, little bit cold. We didn't have to climb Skyline this year. Just went up and down Highway 92, out to Highway 1. Had lunch at San Gregorio where my sister Cynthia met us, and then we rolled(?) on with great tailwind, 35 an hour tailwind into Santa Cruz, and a great time and a great night. It's been really a lot of fun to see a lot of the faces I had spent time riding with during training. We'll talk about tomorrow. listen

Powered by Jott