Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Man, I'm tired!"

I led a CAT 3 ride this morning, 68 miles from Sports Basement to the Nicasio Loop. Forgetting that I had ridden 50 miles on Friday, and 35 miles yesterday I anxiously hopped on my bike and rode like the wind, into the wind. My legs just about gave out on the spot. OMG I thought I was bonking!

Riding on the Sausalito Bike path, the wind was full force and my legs were soooo tired. I was planning on riding fast and steady through the loop and sweep the last part of the ride, from Fairfax back to SB. Nothin' doing. My legs were dead after the first 18 miles of the ride!

So, I hung with Annette, Sandra and John Young for awhile- becoming "mega sweep" for both rides. Eventually I had to leave them to follow up with two of my CAT 3 folks who I ended up riding with the rest of the ride. Good thing too, if I didn't have them to ride with I would have been dying of exhaustion! Both Nancy and Wly made it easy to make it through the rest of the ride, chatting, riding and just basically taking it easy.

Sometimes its nice to be the caboose.

I think I'll rest now. ugh, I'm so BEAT!