Monday, February 13, 2006

Tour de Palm Springs





This past Saturday, I rode my first century of 2006, the Tour de Palm Springs. This annual ride is a fundraiser for about 50 different charities in Palm Springs and one of the biggest cycling events in California. I ride it each year because it is usually in early February, right about the time I'm getting really sick of riding in the cold damp weather of Northern California. This year the temperature in Palm Springs during the day was in the mid eighties, topping out at about 90 degrees right around 3pm. This was the first year I actually got in before dark, with my actual riding time about 6 hours and 40 minutes. Not bad, considering I even stopped to help two people with flats. Oh yeah, and I got my biker tan back.

Organized Rides/Centuries I'm shooting to do this year:

Solvang, 3/11
Cinderella Century (metric century, girls only!) 3/25
Tierra Bella 4/8
Go Greenbelt 4/23 thru 4/29
Wine Country Century 5/6
AIDS Lifecycle June 4-10
The Deathride: Tour of the California Alps July 8

can't think much past July for any more....