Thursday, February 02, 2006

Go Greenbelt Bike Ride




So call me crazy. In addition to riding AIDS Lifecycle 5 this year, I am also riding another week long ride April 23-29th. Its called the Go Greenbelt Bike Tour. Go Greenbelt supports the Greenbelt Alliance in it's mission to protect the region's Greenbelt in an effort to prevent "Urban Sprawl".

Greenbelt Alliance is the Bay Area's leading land conservation and urban planning non-profit. Think of the out of the way local country places you have been cycling-- These are all of the types of places that the Greenbelt Alliance is working to set aside to protect, while still helping to revitalize the regions downtowns by directing new growth within existing cities instead of out in the Greenbelt. As a native of the Bay Area (I grew up in East San Jose), seeing all of the changes to our landscape in the last 30 years or so, I felt it an important cause to support, and hey if it involves a bike ride- you know I'm all over it!

Here's the info: http://www.greenbelt.org/get involved/events/go_overview.html

Feel free to sponsor me today! (Nothing like being a little direct, eh?)