Monday, February 06, 2006

Renegade Rides

Often enough I lead "official" training rides for AIDS Lifecycle on the weekends. Every once in awhile I decide that I just wanna ride.... no stretching, no safety speech, no rules.... well pretty much anyway. This past Saturday was one of those days.

Nine of us met up at 10am (after the rain had passed), and rode out to the Cheese Factory, climbed Wilson Hill, rode through Chileno Valley to the town of Petaluma where we ate lunch at the Apple Box Cafe. We then headed back up 'D' streeet (aka Red Hill) back to the Cheese Factory, through Nicasio back to my house. 58 miles, all hills in February. Not bad considering we we've been riding pretty average 40 mile routes for the past month. It was a great day- a bit windy but that made it more of a workout of course.

Our next "Renegade" Ride is Saturday Feb 25th in Napa Valley.... I was gonna post this as an official ride, but didn't hear back from a co-lead (Dave Kim... where are you?) so we're renegading it with a stop at Taylors Refresher for lunch! Let me know if you wanna join in.