Friday, July 15, 2005

"Ride To Eat"



Lydia, EJ and I rode the Tiburon Loop this morning from my house. I am always amazed (and I'm not the only one) that Lyd can have a conversation all the way up and down a good climb! She says it's her way of getting through the climb, although I think she is a good climber and her "slowness" is all in her head. I do enjoy listening to her stories though, so I won't tell her to stop talking because it helps me up the hill as well. EJ just follows along listening, following our pace and shaking his head in amazement every once in awhile!

We rode the Tib in reverse (I've got to map that route out, turn by turn some day) which brought us to Cafe Acri in Tiburon where we ate breakfast and had coffee and good conversation before heading out to finish the loop. In Corte Madera we said goodbye to EJ who was headed back to the city. Lydia and I stopped at Rulli's in Larkspur for Afogato- gelato with espresso poured over it. It was a flat ride back to my house, but it was a really warm day so the ice cream and caffeine really helped! :-)