Monday, July 18, 2005

A new bike???



So I think I want a new bike (shhh... don't tell my old bike!). On Sunday, Mike and I headed over to Mike's Bikes in Sausalito where I test rode two bikes- the Specialized Roubaix and the Cannondale R5000. Funny, the Roubaix was much lighter but I still liked the handling of the Cannondale. The ride was stiffer and, I dunno- more controllable? The Roubaix is a carbon composite which makes it much lighter but I didn't feel any more comfortable, as people told me I would be, going from aluminum to carbon.

So the dilemma: go with what I know is lighter? or go with what is comfortable? Heck, both of them were waaaay lighter than the Cannondale R600 that I ride now! The nice thing is that they are both about the same price, but the Cannondale had much nicer components and wheels..... decisions, decisions....