Monday, August 01, 2005

My Best Friend...





That would be my husband, Mike Brown- but you knew that.

I met Mike at the Towson Town Center mall in Towson Maryland in July of 2000. We were both traveling for work that year. I had been separated- mostly divorced- from my ex husband since '97 and had resigned myself to having this great simple, single life, forever. That decision was reversed on Christmas Eve 2001 when Mike Brown became my husband...

I call him McGyver because he can pretty much make do with any common household item. He can fix anything, likes to stay physically active and is a damn good cook. I think my Gay friends are only my friends because they all like Mike so much... that's ok, I'll take the credit anyhow.

It's nice to have a best friend who knows your mood swings (and man, I have many!), will tell you the truth if your clothes don't look good on you (in the nicest way possible), will listen to you no matter how much you ramble on, and on, and on... tells you he misses you even though he just saw you two hours ago, makes you eat healthy and will refuse to fight with you, recognizing that your only being a bitch because you really just need to eat. :-)

Mike is a Sr. Construction Project Manager with a major retailer located in the SF Bay Area. He travels lots- and I only really see him 4 nights a week... but since we met while traveling, we are used to not being around each other which makes our time together incredibly fun.

I couldn't ask for a better best friend.