Saturday, August 27, 2005

Birthdays....





So I've always liked my birthday. It doesn't matter that this was my 43rd, and that I have more wrinkles and age spots than when I was 34- I like my birthday. It's the one time I can coerce 40 people to ride 40 miles up hill and back for a piece of cake!

When I was a kid, my sister Josie would throw these great birthday parties for me. She always had great prizes for pin the tail on the donkey, or twister or whatever. She'd wrap them and attach long strands curling ribbon to them, put them in a box with the ribbon hanging out and if you won one of the games, you got to pull a ribbon and a prize would be attached to the end of it. I always thought that was so cool- its really the only thing I vividly remember about my birthdays. That, and we always got our cake from Aki's bakery in San Jose.

I had my 2nd annual birthday ride on the 27th of August. It was a 38 mile ride to the Cheese Factory and back. This years cake was from Debbie Does Dessert in San Anselmo. Her cakes run a close second to Aki's.