Monday, October 27, 2008

Kick Off to AIDS/LifeCycle 8!

This past Saturday was the official Kick Off to the ALC 8 Training Season! We met at 8am for a 38 mile ride to the Tiburon Loop and back. Then at 9;30 the 22 mile Mill Valley ride met and rode out at 10:15. Finally 25 or so folks hung around for the Beginner's Clinic, which was the very basics on what you need to know to start training for ALC8.

About 50 people came out to ride to Tiburon, and over 100 rode to Mill Valley and back. Everyone was back by 1:30pm for announcements (SF has over 1000 registrations for ALC 8 already) and of course a raffle for a bike, donated by the Sports Basement.

It was a busy day for me.... I was hoping to get to meet more of my riders, but my whole day was basically taken up with sending off rides and teaching new things. Not a problem, that's my favorite part! I didn't get to eat lunch til about 3pm though!

Our TRLs are busy posting rides to the ride calendar. You should be able to access the calendar by clicking here. Be sure to click on the month you want... and you can even filter the rides based on proximity to your zip code. Come out and ride, its really a blast and no one ever gets left behind!

Most weekends in November I'll be spending training the last group of TRLs (Training Ride Leaders) but Nov 22 I'll be out co-leading a ride with Logan, and in December I'll be out riding with you... providing its not still raining!