Friday, September 28, 2007

Yes, I have a new job...

Me, getting balance in my life...

I have a new job!

After six years of commuting from Marin to the South Bay, I finally decided it was time to do something closer to home. In July I gave notice to cancel my contract job with a Construction Project Management firm in the South Bay... I had been working for the same person for over 6 years, driving 72 miles each Monday, staying with my mother during the week and going home (another 72 miles) on Thursday afternoons. Except for vacation time, I've pretty much never had dinner at home during the week!

As serendipity would have it, in August I found my own replacement (thanks Gina!)and two minutes after I had sealed the deal with her via email, I got an email. It basically asked whether I'd be interested in working part time as Training Program Coordinator for AIDS LifeCycle.

(...as a footnote, I had asked almost a year prior, to please consider me should they ever create a position like that. Wanting to keep in "in house" not volunteer, they gave the responsibility to Cycle Buddy Kari- who basically didn't want to take the job on this year. Can you imagine being a Cycle Buddy full time and then having to manage a bunch of TRL's???)

So here are the details- it's part time, I work from home and I am basically responsible for program development and execution. I've created this years Re-certification training, tweaked the New TRL 2 day training and will be working on a more comprehensive training/information book for all of our Out Of State TRL's. With all this program development I don't know how much time I'll get to spend on my bike!! (ok that's a joke, really)

I will still lead Friday training rides beginning sometime in October. They will start from Mike's Bike's in Sausalito (we love them!), and starting in January we'll move our start location to the Northwest parking lot of the Golden Gate Bridge. Come on out and ride!!