Saturday, February 03, 2007

Running....and Cheering!

So today was the first day of training for the AIDS Marathon.

They had us run at a "conversational pace" for three miles. You had the option to walk for part of it if you needed to, but basically it was just a run for them to time you and see what your pace is. I fall into the 12 minute mile pace, not bad considering I have never run a step in my life. That was the first time I'd ever run 3 miles without stopping to walk, or without stopping entirely.

Daniel kept the pace with me, and he slowed down whenever I felt like I was going too fast. I'd just say, "um... I think I need to slow down" and he'd immediately slow the pace. It was fun because we got to talk and laugh through the whole three miles. I'm impressed at us both, we really are fitter than we thought. Must be all that cycling.

The run was at 8am, so we were home by 10am, just in time to park at the top of Camino Alto to cheer for those ALC riders on a training ride to Fairfax. It was a lot of fun for us, and a lot of fun for the cyclists who rode by- ALC'er or not, we got great feedback for standing there ringing the cowbell, just like in the Tour!

You know it's an AIDS training ride when you hear cowbells at the top of the hill and Madonna blaring on the speakers!!