Sunday, December 24, 2006

Fifty Miles in December?!

Only Valdez Hill could talk me into riding a 50 mile ride the day before Christmas Eve. He has the way of innocently asking if you'll co-lead... knowing full well I don't pay attention to details, I just say "ok!".

25 or so of us rode out from Orinda BART out into the Danville/San Ramon direction. It was quite pleasant actually- relatively flat and alot of it on bike paths. We stopped at the Rising Loafer for lunch and took this group photo:


Afterwards we took the same path back to BART, my legs tired from the long ride but feeling pretty good about 50 miles in December.

I have 62 miles to go to roll over 19,000 miles on my bike! Weather permitting, I should be hitting it before the new year, probably sometime Saturday the 30th when I will be doing ANOTHER 50 mile ride with Valdez.... come out and join us!