Monday, December 29, 2008

Aerobically Sobering...

That's what Marybeth called our ride yesterday and man I would have to agree. I have been entirely sedentary during the week, which means that on the weekend when I jumpstart my heart it goes into overdrive, even on a relatively easy ride. Not good,not good at all...

MB, Annette, Michael, Matt and I set out on a ride from home to China Camp, intending to then come thru Fairfax and head over to Lagunitas for lunch. It was not to be. Once in Fairfax (about mile 19) MB, Annette and I decided that was it. My legs were tired, but really my heart rate was jumping sky high even on the flats. I've got to ease back into this again.... Michael and Matt rode on to Lagunitas (after our stop at Fat Angel, of course)

Annette, Michael and Matt are good at hitting the gym a few times during the week. MB and I, well we can easily talk ourselves out of getting to a gym which is what has been happening for the past month or two (for me, at least). My aerobic base is all but gone, and I will have to start working on it at the gym again.... .... its what I do every year. You'd think I'd learn!

So for those of you getting ready to start training for ALC for the first time (or again after a 6 month hiatus) I'm with ya all the way... huffing and puffing too!

Aerobically Sobering... when you realize your fitness is on Christmas Vacation too.