Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A New President!

President-Elect Barack Obama.   Waay cool.

I have to tell you, not only am I excited that we'll have a President of color- (for those of you who don't know, I am Filipino)  I'm REALLY more excited that he is so close to my age!

For so long, well ok actually since I was a kid, I always figured that Presidents were supposed to be at least 30-40 years older than me.  And then when I eventually got old, that they would be 20-30 years younger.  

Well I'll be!!   Barack Obama is only about 1 year older than I am.  I mean, I knew people in college who went to Punahou School in Honolulu at the same time he was there... ok that for me is really really weird.  I mean he knows all about the late 70's and 80's-- disco, Qiana shirts and Angel Flight suits.  He lived through that time at the same time as me and he is now President.  Someone from MY actual generation is President!

I guess I'll just never think of myself as old enough to be President, so how could someone my age be?