Monday, March 12, 2007

The Solvang Century

Although I've ridden just about every organized Century and Metric Century in Northern California in the past few years (some of them twice!), the Solvang Century was one I'd never done before Saturday.

It's a beautiful route, and would've probably been pretty easy if it wasn't for the gnarly headwinds for the first 45 miles! And then, all of the significant climbing comes at about mile 80, so by then I was so beat that I couldn't truly enjoy the view at the top of the climb but that's ok- Solvang is a pretty cute town!


After the ride (which was about 7 hours of sitting on my bike seat- not counting rest stops) we were exhausted and decided we'd pig out on pizza.

We don't look too bad considering what we went through...

But I don't think I need to ride a hundred miles in one day for awhile, right Donald?